Looking to replace our long time Accounting Assistant at our Disability Advocacy Non-Profit in Las Vegas, NV (www.ndalc.org). Hoping to find someone with existing experience in MIP fund accounting. Please feel free to pass on to others who might fit our criteria. Please send responses and resumes ONLY to my direct email - email@example.com
Accounting Assistant - Responsible for providing financial and administrative services and support
Accounting and Administrative
• Set-up and maintenance of vendor information in accounting software
• Processing and filing of accounts payable inclusive of verification of fund allocation
• Processing of accounts payable from receipt to payment release; inclusive of coordination of check signers
• Respond to questions/concerns regarding billing issues and acts as liaison for agency and vendors
• Processes all documentation related to each payroll processing from start to release; inclusive of obtaining time sheets, preparing spreadsheets and backup documentation, through to processing actual payroll release through sub-contracted payroll processing firm
• Generate/organize and archive resulting payroll and payroll tax filing reports
• Maintain security over payroll information and employee database information
• Manage and/or assist with updates to payroll systems and manual policies and procedures
• Set-up/maintain/update employee salary database information
• Set-up/maintain/update employee vacation and sick leave accrual tracking
• Communicate and/or address staff questions regarding payroll and benefits
• Inventory and maintain office equipment inclusive of computer hardware/software, printers, copiers, telephone and video conferencing systems, furniture and assistive technology
• Obtain bids and/or communicate with providers for maintenance, repair or replacement of equipment and/or supplies
• Prepare and maintain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) instructions on all processes of this position; inclusive of tracking current user access and passwords on company accounts for services, supplies or materials
• Prepare and release informational packets for Board of Directors and PAIMI Council meetings as directed
• Attend Board of Directors and PAIMI Council meetings as directed; provide reports/input as applicable
• Prepares or researches reports as requested by Deputy Director or Executive Director
• Assists at month and year end close and during yearly, certified audit and agency tax filing processes
• Liaison and/or administrator for IT and phone applications and systems either directly or in conjunction with sub-contracted provider; inclusive of acquisition, installation and maintenance.
• Will be required to learn and maintain proprietary software - Disability Advocacy Database (DAD) system.
• Provides front-line support for all equipment to all staff, whether in-person, by phone, or remote connection.
• Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship with other organizations; ensuring the agency is well received and presented professionally and positively.
• Respects confidentiality in discussing client, staff, and agency matters; also maintains confidentiality of agency, project, fiscal and personnel related information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS or REQUIREMENTS:
Accounting and Administrative:
• One (1) year college level accounting coursework and a minimum of one (1) year experience in accounts payable and/or payroll processing. Extensive experience in accounts payable and payroll processing may be substituted for accounting coursework.
• Three (3) years’ experience in a progressive office support situation
• Proficient knowledge of fund accounting (preferably in Abila/MIP fund accounting), Adobe Acrobat and advanced Microsoft Office Suite is required – specifically in Word and Excel.
• Notary for the State of Nevada, or be in a position to immediately qualify as such
• Ability to self-direct work activities and successfully manage work priorities and effectively function under deadlines with accuracy and speed
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgement
• Ability to comprehend and carry out complex oral and written instructions
• Ability to comprehend fund accounting principles and the grants management processes specific to multiple funding sources and state and federal government requirements
• Strong interpersonal, customer service and telephone skills; inclusive of the ability to handle difficult situations patiently and tactfully
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing; inclusive of a professional working knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, spelling and sentence structure.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.)
• Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to successfully complete a background check and/or suitability security reviews as may be required by our federal partners
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated commitment and well developed sensitivity to the rights of individuals with disabilities
• Proficiency in Spanish and/or American Sign Language
• Experience in the disability rights movement and/or have extensive contacts within the disability community
• Experience with and/or have extensive contacts in ethnic or language distinct communities
While performing the multiple duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to:
• stand or sit for long periods of time,
• occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and
• frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 lbs.
• infrequent travel may be necessary for training or support purposes